Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fitting in "Gym Time"

A few years ago when I made a go of this same goal, my life was much simpler.  I wasn't in school 20 hours/week, I wasn't fitting in Lauren's play practices 3x/week, and I wasn't training girls for pageants at the steady pace that I am at this point in time.  My schedule reflects my working friends' schedules much more so than it did a few years ago.  Back then, when asked how I used to fit in my gym time back then the answer was easy - I made it a priority, but I also wasn't trying to balance SO many things at once.   I also used to say, "If I had a full time job, there's no way I could make this work."  Well, now I have a schedule of a full time job, and I'm somehow still making it work.
How?  It's NOT easy.  Today I have a window of about 2 hours (between 9-9), so I'm fitting in cardio and some resistance training at home.  Not my favorite way to exercise, but it's my only choice.  Every hear of exercise on demand??  Channel 937 on TWC....  today's choice is "Squat To Look Hot".  This ought to be interesting!  Then I'll hit the trail in front of my house with Will in tow riding his sled.  Viola!!  A great day of working out without the time to get to the gym.  That's what you call just making it work!
Short and sweet for today's entry - not much time left in my window! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment